Contact Us

Complaints, Compliments and Concerns

If you have a complaint, concern or would like to compliment a service please contact PALS.

The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) provides free, informal, confidential help and advice for patients, carers and their families.  They can provide information about local healthcare services, and aim to sort out problems quickly on your behalf in an informal, friendly manner.  They also use your feedback to improve the quality of NHS services.

King Edward VII Hospital,
St Leonard’s Road,
Berkshire SL4 3DP

Telephone: 0300 123 6258


The Windsor, Ascot and Maidenhead CCG Complaints, Compliments and Concerns Policy below provides details on how we will deal with complaints, compliments and concerns raised by members of the public and patients.

WAMCCG Complaints, Compliments and Concerns Policy

General Enquiries:


Telephone: 01753 636840

Or write to us at:

Windsor, Ascot and Maidenhead Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)
King Edward VII Hospital
St Leonard’s Road


Continuing Healthcare:

Telephone: 01753 636302

Media Enquiries:

Tel: 01753 636 836. (Media enquiries only – for general enquiries, please use the telephone number or email address above)


The media desk is staffed 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.

Outside of these hours, in the event of an emergency, please contact the duty press officer by pager: 07659 129167.

Freedom of Information Requests:

The Freedom of Information (FOI) Act was passed in 2000 and became fully effective in 2005. It allows any member of the public to request access to information held by public sector organisations in the UK, including the NHS.

The Act differs from the Data Protection Act (1998) in that it allows you to request non-personal information. So, for example, where you should use the Data Protection Act to access your medical records called a Subject Access Request, you would use the FOI Act to access general business information held by the CCG. If you would like to access your medical records, please refer to Subject Access Requests section below.

How to Request Information

Requests made under the Act must be submitted in writing, including a name and contact address. Email requests are perfectly acceptable, as long as it is possible to reply to your email address.

Contact details are as follows:

The FOI Coordinator
Windsor, Ascot and Maidenhead Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)
King Edward VII Hospital
St Leonard’s Road


Alternatively, send an enquiry using our online form below.

The CCG has an obligation to answer your request within 20 working days.

There are some exemptions to the disclosure of information under the Act, which may mean we cannot supply you with everything you have requested.

Publication Scheme

The FOI Publication Scheme describes the information held by the CCG which is routinely made available to the public, with details of where to find it. You should not need to make a specific FOI request to access this material.

The Information Commissioner

The Information Commissioner is the government official responsible for overseeing information laws in the UK. Any complaints or queries around the FOI Act can be directed to this office. The website of the Information Commissioner can be found at

Subject Access Request

Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you, or someone acting on your behalf with your consent, have a right to request access to view or obtain a copy of any personal information we hold about you, this is called making a Subject Access Request.

An individual does not have the right to access information recorded about someone else, unless they are an authorised representative (acting under a Power of Attorney or a Court of Protection Order), have parental responsibility, or are acting on behalf of a deceased person (Access to Records Act 1990).

A subject access request must be made in writing and can be submitted via email, fax, post, social media or using the online form. The requestor does not need to state or refer to “Subject Access Request” or the “Data Protection Act” when making a request; however, it may help to ensure requests are processed without delay if they do state “Subject Access Request” in correspondence.

Organisations must respond to a subject access request promptly and in any event within 40 calendar days of receiving it. When responding to a request, it is an offence to alter the material before it is released. There maybe a charge to have a copy of your record provided, however you will be informed of this prior to your record being disclosed.

If Windsor, Ascot and Maidenhead CCG does not respond appropriately to requests for personal information, the requestor could make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office.

For further information about Subject Access Request, please see our Subject Access Request Policy.

If you wish to make your request in writing, please complete the online form above.

SEAP: Local Health Complaints Advocacy Service

If a patient feels they have not had the service they expected from the NHS and want to complain, the law states that they have the right to an advocate. The Health Complaints Advocacy Service can provide help and support to those making a complaint.

For more information, click here.